Monday, June 8, 2009

Masakan Life

Great Things About Masaka:

1) I live the life of luxury for about 75 cents each day. Another intern was telling me he lives on a dollar a day, rents a house with running water and managed to furnish it with mahogany tables.
2) Stoney Tangoweeze! I think I will return to the States only with suitcases full of this stuff: it is like ginger ale, but so much better.
3) Fresh avocado with every single meal: I made the mistake of telling Ugandans I like avocado and now I am doomed/blessed to eat an avocado the size of my head every time I sit down.
4) Mango! See above!
5) Shoebill storks flying everywhere.
6) Impossibly friendly people

What I Could Do Without:

1) Hearing MZUNGU roughly 9,0000000 times a day. I get that white people are somewhat rare, but really, how many times must we be surprised?
2) Electricity only during the sunniest hours of the day…
3) Snails and random parasites in the drinking water
4) Language Barriers
5) The slowest internet possibleMtooke. One week and already I never want to see hot mashed plantains again

No comments:

Post a Comment